The Federal Polytechnic of Oil and Gas, Bonny, Rivers State, was set upto provide internationally marketable and globally competitive middle-level manpower for the oil and gas industry. The institution is located on the Bonny Island which has an array of the leading international oil companies. The school is in its founding years and has relatively new infrastructure on a compact campus.
We hereby invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Bursar
Location: Bonny, Rivers
- The Bursar is the Chief Financial Officer of the Polytechnic and is responsible to the Rector for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the Polytechnic
The ideal candidate for the post must:
- Possess a good Honours Degree (minimum of Second Class Lower Division) in Accounting plus a professional qualification of ANAN or ICAN with at least 18 years post qualification cognate experience
- Must be a Deputy Bursar in the Polytechnic system
- Membership of a relevant and recognized professional body (e.g. ICAN or ANAN) is mandatory
- Possession of a higher Degree will be an added advantage
- Evidence of Community service
- Must be devoid of racial, ethnic, political, religious and sectional tendencies
- Must not be more than 60 years old and must enjoy good physical and mental health
- Must be ICT proficient and have excellent communication skills
- Must be a good manager of men and resources.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates must submit an Application along with 30 copies of signed Curriculum Vitae which should contain the following below:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Nationality/State of origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Postal Address including e-mail address and telephone contact
- Marital Status
- Number of Children (with ages)
- Institutions attended (with dates)
- Academic Qualifications (with dates)
- Professional Qualifications (with dates)
- Honours, Distinctions and Membership of Learned Societies and Professional bodies
- Publications, discoveries or inventions
- Working experience (stating institution(s) and dates)
- Specific services to local, national and international communities (giving dates, institution/establishment and status)
- Present Employment, Status, Salary and Employer
- Extra-curricular activities; and
- Names and Addresses of three Referees (one of whom shall be the head of the establishment where the applicant currently works).
Interested candidates are to submit their Applications in a sealed envelope marked “Post of Bursar” to:
Federal Polytechnic of Oil and Gas,
P.M.B. 5027 Bonny,
Application Closing Date
16th October, 2019.
Note: Candidates should also advise their Referees to forward their references under confidential cover to the Rector.