United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband. Today, over 65 years later, our organization is still hard at work, protecting and assisting refugees around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Supply Assistant
Position Number: 10029705
Location: Maiduguri – Borno
Category: Supply Chain
Grade: GS – 5
Duration of Contract: One Year
Contract Type: Fixed Term Appointment
Context, Duties and Responsibilities
- The Senior Supply Assistant provides support supply to all local activities pertaining to the supply chain function including planning, sourcing, transport, shipping, customs clearance and warehousing in the purview of the Maiduguri Sub-Office.
- The incumbent is supervised by the Supply Officer who provides regular guidance.
- S/he works independently on routine tasks while follows instructions of the supervisor or more complex issues.
- The incumbent maintains regular contact on a working level on routine issues with other UNHCR offices, UN agencies, NGOs, government partners and commercial contractors in the area to facilitate the operation.
- The duty of the incumbent is to support the management of material resources within the geographical area covered by the Sub-Office while exercising efficiency in the use of those resources.
The incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
- Apply UNHCR’s procurement strategy when planning for purchase of important commodities and services.
- Initiate custom clearance of consignments, draft exemption requests, and liaise with local agent.
- Support warehouse management, and assist with planning and goods deliveries, and provide information on the status of requests and the availability of items in the supply chain.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive records on logistical activities and provide reports and updates periodically, and on request.
- Examine Purchase Requests to ensure conformity and liaise with requesters.
- Prepare quotation requests and tenders, produce bid-tabulations from tenders and prepare Purchase orders for approval.
- Dispatch approved Purchase Orders, and follow-up with the delivery of ordered commodities and services.
- Provide information on all procurement activities within area of responsibility.
- Assist in managing Property, Plant and Equipment (PPE) effectively according to UNHCR rules and regulation including registration and marking of new PPE, Physical verification of PPE, preparation of agreements, preparation of disposal forms (including submissions to LAMB/AMB), and assistance with disposal of PPE.
- Produce standard asset management reports and other asset information, periodically and when requested.
- Maintain accurate data in all relevant business systems. Compile statistical information on supply chain related matters that will assist in decision making.
- Any other responsibility deemed necessary or as delegated by the Supervisor in order to meet the level of service required by the organisation.
Essential Minimum Qualifications
- Completion of the Secondary School education with post-secondary training/certificate in Business Administration, Logistics, Warehousing or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of previous relevant job experience.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language and/or local language.
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies:
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position such as the Supply Chain Learning Programme (SCLP).
- Computer skills (MS Office and/or PeopleSoft/MSRP).
- Experience in procurement
- Experience in customs formalities.
- Experience in logistics, transport or warehousing.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply Online
- Kindly prepare an application/letter of motivation, Resume as well as fully completed and signed UNHCR Personal History Form (P11)
- Submit the application, resume and Personal history form (P11) via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting in the subject line the vacancy number and title of the position (VERY IMPORTANT).
- Kindly make sure you use the “UNHCR Personal History Form”.
- Kindly note that a written test will be conducted for this position which will be followed by a competency based interview.
Application Closing Date
5th April, 2019.
- “There is no need to send other CERTIFICATES with the application at this stage”.
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- Applications from female candidates are strongly encouraged.
If you need us to help you with more updated information about United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), kindly feel free to ask any question in the comment box below. You can also provide us your phone number or email Address for more updates.
Please, kindly use the Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and WhatsApp share buttons below to help others, thanks.
Wazobia Info Nigeria
Always Serving You Better.