Are you looking for Nigerian Prisons Service recruitment 2019? Or you want to know if the continuation of recruitment process into the Nigerian Prisons Service has started? If yes, then you are at the right place.
We are pleased to inform you that the Federal Government has given approval to Civil Defence, Fire, Immigration and Prisons Services Board (CDFIPB) for the continuation of recruitment of 9,675 officers.
According to the board, it will be recruiting 2,200 candidates into the Federal Fire Service and 7,475 candidates into the Nigeria Prisons Service making 9,675 candidates.
The Nigerian Prisons Service recruitment which was suspended last year due to undisclosed reasons has now been given full approval to be completed.
The board also ensured free application process and adequate pre-deployment training for successful candidates irrespective of their positions.
Nigerian Prisons Service 2019 Recruitment Positions
CATEGORY A: Superintendent Cadre:
1. Superintendent of Prisons (SP) Medical, CONMESS 02.
Applicants must be holders of M.B.B.S; M.D; M.D.S; or equivalents from recognized universities.
2. Superintendent of Prisons (SP) Vetinary CONMESS 02.
Applicants must be holders of D.V.M from recognized universities.
3. Deputy Superintendent of Prisons (DSP) Pharmacy, CONHESS 09.
Applicants must possess Bachelor’s of Pharmacy degrees from recognized universities.
4. Assistant Superintendent of Prisons. I (ASP.I) CONPASS 09
Applicants must be holders of master’s degree from recognized Universities in the following areas: Humanities, Social Sciences, Lab. Sciences, Architecture, Engineering, Radiology, etc
5. Assistant Superintendent of Prisons II (ASP.II), CONPASS 08
Applicants must be holders of first degree from recognized Universities in the following areas: Humanities, Social Sciences, Psychology, Estate/Town Planning, Public Health, Food Sciences, Social Works, etc.
CATEGORY B: Inspectorate Cadre:
1. Senior Inspector of Prisons (SIP), CONPASS 08.
Applicants must be holders of HND certificates obtained from recognized Polytechnics/Colleges in the following areas: Estate Management, Town Planning, Public Health, Food Sciences, Social Works, etc.
2. Inspector of Prisons (IP) Nursing, CONHESS 06.
Applicants must be Registered Nurses (RN), Registered Midwives (RM) or Registered Nurses/Midwives (RNM) obtained from recognized institutions
3. Assistant Inspector of Prisons (AIP) CONPASS 06.
Applicants must be holders of OND/NCE Obtained from recognized institutions.
CATEGORY C: Assistant Cadre:
1. Prisons Assistant I (PAI) CONPASS 05
Applicants must be holders of GCE Ordinary Level, SSCE/NECO or their equivalents with a minimum of Five (5) credits in not more than two (2) sittings, which should include English and Mathematics or Trade Test Grade 1 (Artisans, Motor drivers, Mechanics, Auto Electricians, Plumbers, Carpenters, Masons, etc.)
2. Prisons Assistant II (PAII) CONPASS 04
Applicants must possess the GCE Ordinary Level, SSCE/NECO or its equivalent with a minimum of five (5) credits in not more than two (2) sittings, which should include English or Trade Test Grade II. (Artisans, Motor drivers, Mechanics, Auto Electricians, Plumbers, Carpenters, Masons, etc.)
3. Prison Assistant III (PA.III) CONPASS 03.
Applicants must be holders of GCE Ordinary Level, SSCE/NECO or its equivalents with a minimum of three (3) credits in not more than Two (2) sittings, which should include at least English or Mathematics or Trade Test Grade III. (Artisans, Motor drivers, Mechanics, Auto Electricians, Plumbers, Carpenters, Masons, etc.)
Nigerian Prisons Service 2019 Recruitment Requirements
Below are requirements for Nigerian Prisons Service recruitment 2019
- Applicant must be Nigerian by birth.
- Applicants must possess the requisite qualifications and Certificates. Any certificate or qualification not declared and accepted at the recruitment centre shall not be accepted after recruitment.
- Applicant must be medically fit and present certificate of medical fitness from any government hospital.
- Applicant must be of good character and must not have been convicted of any criminal offence;
- Applicant must not be a member of a secret society, cult, a drug addict e.t.c.;
- Applicant must be free from financial embarrassment;
- Applicant must be between the ages of 18-30 years.
- Applicant’s height must not be less than 1.65m for males and 1.60m for females;
- Applicant’s chest measurement of not less than 0.87m for men.
- Computer literacy will be an added advantage.
- Applicants with any of the following disabilities need not apply:
- Impediment in speech (stammerer/dumb)
- Gross malformation of teeth
- Knocked knees
- Bent knees
- Bow legs
- Flat foot
- Limb legs
- Bent arms/deformed hands/fracture
- Defective eye sight (squint-eye, crossed eye, one-eyed and total blindness)
- Amputation of any part of physical body
- Hearing impaired (deaf)
- Hunched back
- Medical challenges and any other physical deformity not mentioned
How to Apply for Nigerian Prisons Service Recruitment 2019
Interested and qualified candidates should visit www.nisrecruitment.org.ng fill and submit the application form online.
Please don’t forget to print out the referee form which must be duly completed for submission during screening.
- This application is absolutely free, please don’t pay anybody for anything.
- There shall be computer based test for shortlisted candidates. Appropriate time and date shall be communicated to such persons.
If you need us to help you with more updated information about Nigerian Prisons Service 2019 Recruitment, kindly feel free to ask any question in the comment box below. You can also provide us your phone number or email Address for more updates.
Please, kindly use the Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and WhatsApp share buttons below to help others, thanks.
Wazobia Info Nigeria
Always Serving You Better.