The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) in collaboration with International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) invite applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator – FGN/IFAD Climate Change Adaptation and Agribusiness Support Programme (IFAD-CASP)
In pursuant of the Federal Government Agricultural Promotion Policy (APP) and the need to ensure self-sufficiency in domestic food production, the FGN/IFAD Climate Change Adaptation and Agribusiness Support Programme (IFAD-CASP) under the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development was set up to support Federal Government’s strategic vision for growth and development through strengthening of the agricultural sector in order to increase food security, accelerate economic growth and reduce vulnerability for smallholder farmers particularly women and youths.
This development initiative is anchored on promotion of Agriculture Productivity Enhancement of seven (7) crops which are Rice, Wheat, Maize, Sorghum, Millet, Cowpea and Groundnut. It integrates climate change resilience adaptation measures and has a private sector orientation in the provision of extension services.
IFAD-CASP builds on Community Development Association (CDA) model as the primary entry point for implementation. The programme started in July, 2016, with completion date scheduled for 31st March, 2021 and financial closing date for 30th September, 2021.
IFAD-CASP is being implemented in Katsina, Kebbi, Jigawa and Zamfara through four main components, namely: Productivity Enhancement and Climate Resilience; Enterprise Development for Women and Youth; Institutional Development; and Programme Coordination and Management.
The main driver of vulnerability in the northern States is soil erosion, therefore activities that seek to rehabilitate the vegetation cover and conserve soil and water resources are given priority in the States. Communities are encouraged to implement Sustainable Land Management activities such as Soil and Water Conservation with the provision of farm water harvesting structures; rehabilitation of degraded landscapes and range lands; Livestock Watering Points; establishment of woodlots, Great Green Wall reforestation activities and rehabilitation of rural farm-to-market access roads.
Consequently, Expression of Interest (EOI) is hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates that are interested to participate in the FGN/IFAD Climate Change Adaptation and Agribusiness Support Programme (IFAD-CASP).
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator (MEC) will be responsible for overseeing activities under the Project Management component of the Project which pertain to tracking and evaluating implementation performance.
Reporting and Location:
- The position will be based in Katsina, but will involve frequent travel to participating States
- The MEC will report directly to the NPC
Details of the Contract:
- Two-year contract, renewable if the project is extended and based on performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop activities for the Annual Work plan and Budgets (AWPBs);
- Develop the Programme M&E System on the basis of the programmes Logical Framework taking into account Government monitoring frameworks and IFAD RIMS methodology;
- Organize and supervise focused baseline surveys at the beginning of the programme to be undertaken by a contracted institution;
- Prepare an M&E Plan, including the programmes monitoring formats;
- Establish indicators for outputs, outcomes and impact, monitor implementation processes and performance, and assess outputs and outcomes in line with Government and FAD RIMS guidelines;
- Foster participatory planning and M&E by training and involving stakeholder groups;
- Oversee design of a field-based system for the programme monitoring that incorporates the logical framework approach;
- Prepare essential data to be included in quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports;
- Monitor financial and physical progress as well as reporting back to stakeholders to create a better learning environment; undertake project and thematic evaluations;
- Integrate the M&E system into the overall programme coordination and organization function into an MIS;
- Ensure capture of intended impact as well as successes and failures; prepare reports and guide staff in preparing their progress reports;
- Design and implement report formats so that all reports from service providers/implementing partners can be regularly and conveniently compiled/aggregated to contribute to overall programme results framework;
- Organize and oversee annual review and planning workshops and preparation of annual work plans and budgets;
- Inform and join supervision missions by screening and analyzing reports;
- Select service providers where necessary and formulation of TORs and scope of work for the service providers
- Supervise, monitor and certify the work of service providers for the various activities and assignments; and
- Consolidate state progress reports and contribute to the drafting of periodic project progress reports of the PSO.
- Master’s level or higher Degree in Agricultural Economics, Economics, Statistics or other relevant Degree;
- Minimum of 7 years post-qualification experience including at least 4 years in planning, monitoring and evaluation of special projects;
- Proven track record in managing and leading investigative teems;
- Good communication and writing skills; and
- Competence in the use of standard computer software applications for statistical analysis.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications in ten (10) copies including one original and nine (9) photocopies, properly sealed and clearly marked at the top right hand cover “Expression of Interest (EOI) for the Recruitment of Project Staff Under FGN/IFAD-CASP Project”. Each envelope should include a CV and an Application Letter with a Cover Letter suited for the position being applied for.
The sealed envelope should be addressed and delivered to:
Projects Coordinating Unit,
Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development,
No.1, Eldoret Close, Off Aminu Kano Crescent,
Wuse II – Abuja.
Application Closing Date
12pm, 15th August, 2019.
If you need us to help you with more updated information about Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD), kindly feel free to ask any question in the comment box below. You can also provide us your phone number or email Address for more updates.
Please, kindly use the Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and WhatsApp share buttons below to help others, thanks.
Wazobia Info Nigeria
Always Serving You Better.