Are you an undergraduate or a post-graduate student looking for how to finance your education in Nigeria and outside Nigeria? If yes, Apply now for Federal Ministry of Education Undergraduate and Post-graduate Scholarship Awards 2020/2021
The Honourable Minister of Education (HME), Mallam Adamu Adamu, hereby invites interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2020/2021 Nomination Computer Based Test (CBT) for the Federal Government Scholarship Awards for:
A. BILATERAL EDUCATION AGREEMENT (BEA)
- Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Tunisia, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Japan, Macedonia; and
- Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, e.t.c.
All qualified candidates are advised to:
- Visit Federal Ministry of Education’s website www.education.gov.ng
- Click on Federal Scholarship Board ICON on the Home Page:
- Read Guidelines and then Complete the Application Form online
- Print the Examination slip.
NOTE/Warning: Double Entries will be disqualified!
FIELDS OF STUDY
Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc.;
Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and PhD) in all fields.
CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY
UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS: All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificates, WASSCE/WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics. Certificates should not be more than two (2) years old (2018 & 2019) for Non-African Countries and for African countries the age of certificate is one year (2019) only. Age limit is from 18 to 20 years.
POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS: All applicants for Postgraduate degree courses must hold a First Degree with 1st Class or at least 2nd Class Upper Division. The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have acquired at least two (2) years post qualification experience or employment practice in Nigeria. All applicants must have completed the N.Y.S.C. Programme and the age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
i) N.Y.S.C discharge or exemption certificates only are accepted; and ii) Evidence of readiness to be released by an employer.
GENERAL NOTE FOR ALL APPLICANTS
i) Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one-year foreign Language course of the Country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction;
ii) Japan applicants must have a solid background in further mathematics;
iii) The required certificate for candidates applying for Bachelor in Imamat, Quran Teaching Professor and Imam Preacher Training for Islamic Religious studies in Algeria is WASSCE/WAEC, and no other certificate is accepted;
iv) All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship can apply for up to two fields of study in order of preference, and must visit the website: www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu
Complete the application form online,
Print the completed form and bring to the interview venue in addition to 2.0 above;
v) All applicants for Russian Postgraduate Scholarship must have acquired their 1st Degree in Russia;
vi) All Applicants to upload their certificates online;
viii) The duration for Serbian undergraduate scholarship is Eight (8) years general courses and Nine (9) years for Medicine and postgraduate studies, 3-4years for MSC and 5-6years for PhD.
i) ii) iii) iv) v)
Candidates nominated by the Board will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
Authenticated copies of academic certificates;
Data page of the current International passport; Specified Medical Reports from Government hospitals; National Identification Number (NIN)
Police Clearance Certificate where necessary.
NIGERIA AWARD SCHOLARSHIP (NA) 2020/2021 FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS TENABLE IN NIGERIA TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS FOR NA THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR NIGERIAN AWARD IS AS FOLLOWS:
- Applicants for Postgraduate studies should possess a minimum of first degree with Second Class Honours Upper Division.
- Applicant must be registered Full-Time students of Federal or State Universities.
- All other applicants (UG, HND & NCE) must be registered full-time students in their second year or above in Federal or State Universities, Polytechnics, Monotechnics and Colleges of Education.
- All undergraduate Scholarship applicants (Physically challenged inclusive) must have at least 4.0 Cumulative Grade Points Aggregate (CGPA) on a five (5) point scale or its equivalents or 5.0 on a 7 point scale.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: NA
- The scholarship is tenable in Nigeria and takes effect from the beginning of the academic session.
- It shall not be held at the same time with another Award nor for part-time studies.
- Change of course or Institution is not allowed.
- The Scholarship award is to assist the scholar in the payment of Institutional charges and fees For Personal maintenance.
COURSES TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE NA AWARD ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Science and Technology
- Medicine and Para-medicals
- Liberal Arts/Social/Management Sciences F. Entrepreneural Studies,
- Environmental Sciences
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application forms for Nigeria Awards Scholarship (NA) are to be completed online as follows:
- Complete form online
- Submit and Print a copy
- Attach Photocopy of the following documents to the Printed Copy
i. Letter of Admission to the Institution
ii. Current Course Registration Form
iii. CGPA results of year 1, 2, 3, etc.
iv. Current School’s Identity Card
v. Letter of Identification from your State/Local Government
vi. Two (2) passport size photographs with your name written at the back and duly
signed by you.
FSB COMPUTER BASED TEST VENUES 2020/2021
- NORTH – WEST
- NORTH- EAST
- SOUTH –WEST
- SOUTH- SOUTH
- SOUTH- EAST
SOKOTO, KANO, ADAMAWA, BAUCHI, FCT, KWARA, OYO, ONDO, DELTA, RIVERS, ENUGU, IMO
SOKOTO, KANO, YOLA, BAUCHI, BWARI, ILORIN, IBADAN, AKURE, ASABA, P/HARCOURT, ENUGU, OWERRI
During the application, candidates are expected to indicate the following:
- i) Candidates are advised to choose Computer Based Test Centre (CBT) very close to them ;
ii) Choice of programme preferred in order of priority (i.e. Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) and Nigerian Award;
iii) The registration portal will be closed on Friday 6th December 2019 by 11:59 PM
OFFICIAL PHONE NUMBERS/E-MAIL:
i. Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA): 08077884417/09094268637
ii. Nigerian Award: 08077884418/08091155229
For furtherTechnical/Apps inquires please call: 08055581004
Candidates are advised to choose a Centre very close to them
TIME: 9.00 A.M DAILY
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PARTICULAR APPLICATION DOES NOT ATTRACT ANY PROCESSING FEE. THEREFORE, BEWARE OF FRAUDSTERS!
ARC SONNY T. ECHONO, fnia
PERMANENT SECRETARY FEDERAL MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
If you need us to help you with more updated information about Federal Ministry of Education Undergraduate and Post-graduate Scholarship Awards 2020/2021, kindly feel free to ask any question in the comment box below. You can also provide us your phone number or email Address for more updates.
Please, kindly use the Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and WhatsApp share buttons below to help others, thanks.
Wazobia Info Nigeria
Always Serving You Better.