Citibank Nigeria Limited, the leading global financial services company, provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Regulatory Risk Analyst
Job ID: 19141970
Job Function: Risk Management
Employee Status: Regular
Job Background and Context
- Part of the ICG Regional Credit Risk team supporting Nigeria and West & Central Africa
- Global and local regulatory requirements relating to Credit Risk
- Responsibility for regulation interpretation and assessment, and recommendations to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements impacting Credit Risk
- Supports activities relating to regulatory processes impacting Credit Risk (e.g. ICAAP)
- Active engagement with Business and Control functions to deliver on the above
In close cooperation with the Country Risk Manager and as part of the ICG Regional Credit Risk team, responsibilities include:
- Evaluate local regulatory matters (policies, laws, and regulatory and supervisory requirements in relation to Citi’s Credit Risk activities ) (“Local Credit Risk Regulation”) in the countries, and how these are to be complied with through either Citi global, regional or local credit risk policies, standards and/or processes (“the Credit Risk Policies and Procedures”)
- Development, drafting and recommendation of local Credit Risk Policies and Procedures to comply with Local Credit Risk Regulation in the absence or limitation of Citi policies, standards and/or processes
- Develops working knowledge of industry practices and standards in order to support understanding of the above activities
- Assist with regulatory inquiries and/or examinations impacting Credit Risk
- Support in activities impacting regulatory requirement and Credit Risk, for example, Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Plan (“ICAAP”), IFRS9 activities, BCBS239, other Basel related activities
- Collaborate with other internal areas, including Finance, Compliance, Legal, Business Management, in the fulfilment of the above activities
- Coordinates and provides training to business units and functions on Credit Risk Regulation (Global and Local) and the Credit Risk Policies and Procedures, and other regulatory matters relating to Credit Risk
- Opportunity to obtain global and domestic regulatory credit risk exposure and experience
- Exposure to different functional disciplines which interact with Credit Risk in these activities
- Experience in working with multicultural teams across different geographies
- Part of a motivated and high performing team that is responsible for delivering critical credit risk regulatory compliance
- Opportunity for career advancement and mobility in a merit-driven environment
- At least 8 years of experience in Banking Credit Risk, Compliance, or other control-related function in a financial services firm, regulatory organization, or consulting firm, with a focus on Banking governance
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Risk Management, Governance, Regulatory Law or relevant disciplines
- A postgraduate degree or relevant professional qualification will be an advantage
- Fluent English and French (read, write and speak).
Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge and experience in corporate banking and related products and functions
- Experience in managing financial regulatory, franchise and governance matters. Knowledge of Local Credit Risk Regulation will be an advantage
- Knowledge of Citi Credit Risk policies or ability to quickly develop a working knowledge thereof
- Good understanding of accounting, product and finance principles will be an advantage
Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Analytical thinking
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to navigate a complex organization and work collaboratively and with people at all levels of the organization, including regional and global partners
- Strong decision-making and influencing abilities
- Excellent planning, project management and organizational skills and capability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Must be able to set priorities and work under pressure
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Ability to function independently
- High proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply Online
Title: Middle East and Africa Analyst Program 2020
Job ID: 80007842
Location: Ajah, Lagos
Job Function: Operations
Job Type: Full Time Analyst
Employee Status: University Programs
Employee Status: emea
Program start date: July 2020.
You’re the brains behind our work
- Citi is looking for fresh graduates to join the team in various locations across the Middle East and Africa region.
- The MEA Analyst Program begins in July with a 3-week training program in Dubai. Formal training begins with an orientation and induction sessions providing an overview of Citi, followed by classroom training sessions. Analysts have the opportunity to meet representatives from multiple business areas as well as network with other Analysts from across the Middle East and Africa region.
- The classroom training program is followed by 4 x 3-month rotations across various business areas of Citi, including Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS), Corporate Bank, Operations & Technology (O&T), and Risk. In some countries, the Risk rotation will be replaced by another business area.
- In the Middle East and Africa, we have offices and potential opportunities in Algeria, Bahrain, Cameroon, Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Egypt, Gabon, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Lebanon, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, Qatar, Senegal, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, United Arab Emirates and Zambia.
Your time here will look something like this
The jobs that you will do and the responsibilities that you will be given will be as varied as your rotations. Below are some examples of the tasks the Analyst may be performing during their rotations. These are only examples – you will also often find yourself working on unique projects and process improvements:
- Source and create pitch and marketing material, liaising with product partners and the Bankers.
- Maintain regular and frequent dialogue with product partners to assist with relationship maintenance.
- Assist in managing the Corporate Banking relationship infrastructure, including approvals and documentation.
- Produce and update client plans in conjunction with product partners and bankers.
- Collaborate within the team to manage the portfolio and individual client risk.
- Interact with Citi’s network around the region.
Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS):
- Develop an understanding of the cash, trade and sales products and processes.
- Track market developments across the region and share geopolitical, economic and banking industry trends that may affect the business with a consultative approach.
- Prepare and analyze financials while ensuring actuals and run-rated projections meet the business plans.
- Liaise with partners across TTS to capture key client and product pipelines/wins are to be showcased in business reviews.
- Develop an understanding of and be able to apply at an Analyst level: Risk reporting, spreading, risk ratings, Corporate/FI/Public Sector Credit Analysis writing and stress testing.
- Understanding projections, scenarios, assumptions and variance analysis.
- Reading and interpreting cash flow statements, balance sheet, income statements etc.
- Taking part in client calls / site visits.
- Understanding regulatory requirements and impact on the organization.
Operations & Technology (O&T):
- Develop a good understanding and appreciation of the operations processes. Understand the functions carried out within the subunits of operations.
- Analyze volumes, address & resolve issues, identify wasteful activities and suggest improvements that can save cost/time/improve processes.
- Understand workflow, key controls and key risks linked to various products. Accurately evaluate risks as they relate to key business objectives. Assess the effectiveness of key controls.
- Develop an understanding of the impact of regulatory and financial impacts on the organization.
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed
- During your training program in Dubai, you will receive an in-depth education on a variety of topics to learn the fundamentals of the Analyst role.
- These topics can include training in financial statements, credit analysis, treasury and operations.
- You will also have the opportunity to network with senior representatives from multiple business areas who will introduce you to Citi and its culture.
- So whatever your degree is in, we will give you the training you need to excel. Upon successful completion of the program, you can apply for full-time opportunities within the Citi network via our internal mobility opportunities.
We want to hear from you if
- You have recently completed your university degree or will complete it prior to July 2020
- You have a minimum grade of 2:1, a minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 or equivalent in any degree discipline
- You have an interest in business and banking
- You must have completed one year of National Service (if applicable)
- You have less than 3 years of work experience
- You are fluent in English
- Nigerian nationals preferred.
Who we think will be a great fit
We’re looking for motivated individuals who are eager to start their careers at a global organization, tend to think globally, and have an innovative outlook on business. We know that anyone, not just those with business degrees, can have a knack for business, so we’re open to all disciplines. We’ll also be looking for the following:
- Desire to develop a deep understanding of the financial industry.
- Intellectual curiosity and proactive approach to searching for new and creative ideas.
- Strong communication, planning, and organizational skills.
- Commitment to personal growth and career development including mobility and flexibility. You also have a strong desire to learn, are proactive, building rapport and relationships in team environments.
- Unquestioned commitment to integrity ethical decision-making.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: If you meet the criteria above, we encourage you to apply promptly.
Application Closing Date
If you need us to help you with more updated information about Citibank Nigeria Limited Job Recruitment 2020, kindly feel free to ask any question in the comment box below. You can also provide us your phone number or email Address for more updates.
Please, kindly use the Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and WhatsApp share buttons below to help others, thanks.
Wazobia Info Nigeria
Always Serving You Better.