Association of Local Governments of Nigeria, ALGON Nationwide Recruitment 2017: Accelerated Building Technologies Limited, requires the services of three thousand and ninety six (3096) motivated and energetic individuals familiar with agricultural technology and relevant fieldwork for its Comprehensive Local Agriculture Plan (C-LAP) project in the 774 Local Government Areas of Nigeria.
C-LAP is an Association of Local Governments of Nigeria (ALGON) project. Project C-LAP is a blueprint for bringing about ‘Agricultural Revolution’ in Nigeria.
We are currently recruiting for suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Agriculture Officer
Slot: 1 for each LGA of the federation
- Assist Director of Farms (International Expert) in Strategy development and execution. Drive the management and communication plan for scheme activities and overall supervision of local staff.
- Knowledge sharing with technical institutions/ NGOs / Agribusiness support agencies and training of project staff
- Monitor and advise on global and regional agricultural research trends
- Assist in the supervision of the field activities
- Assist project management team on project execution
- Liaise with the local farmers. Facilitate training and capacity building programs
- Assist in identifying land for farms, liaising with assigned LGA (Local Government Authority)
- Overall monitoring and supervision of the LGA activities under the project
- Prepare, review and analyze reports from field officers translating the report findings into actionable goals by the State Agricultural Expert.
- University degree/PG in Agriculture Sciences or related field, 5 years field experience, willing to travel extensively in rural areas.
- Candidate must reside in the LGA of interest and should be able to communicate in the local language.
Method of Application